“An autobiography is the story of how a man thinks he lived”, said Herbert Samuels. What distinguishes autobiographical research paper from other papers is the story depicted in it. This story is the story of your life.
To write an autobiographical research paper, which reveals your personality, you will need to tell the story of your life. You cannot use books, journals or academic writing services. Only unique experience and recollections of yours count. In an autobiographical research paper you will tell your story and discuss some other problems:
- You can tell about your difficulties and hang-ups. This urgent topic can concern not only you but also your peers. Your autobiographical research paper can consider racial prejudices, social injustice, sex discrimination, bullying.
- If you want to cover in your autobiographical research paper some topic concerning your personality, you can speak about self-distrust, shyness, introversion. But do not make your autobiographical research paper gloomy. What pleasant memories do you have?
- Your autobiographical research paper can tell about the most significant events in your life. Very often they are connected to the people, who played in your life a very important part. You can tell about your Grandpa with a twinkle in his eye, or you can write something like a “double” autobiographical research paper. You can compare your story of young years with that of your father.
Some other tips on autobiographical research paper
- Do not tell about banalities. Even routine days can bring positive emotions and interesting situations.
- Do not invent stories, which have never happened. Your life is sure to have some exciting events, even if they are exciting only for you.
- Be honest. Tell about your opinion on events whether it is positive or negative.
- Be enthusiastic. Remember that you are asked to write an autobiographical research paper because other people are interested in your experience.